Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Diploma of Collegial Studies in Respiratory and Anaesthesia Technology from the Cégep de Chicoutimi
Bachelor of Law from Université Laval
Articling student – student at the Barreau de Québec and the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux
Member of the Barreau du Québec (2008)
- Areas of expertise
- Access to information and privacy protection
- Human Rights and Freedom
- Psychological harassment
- Individual and Collective Labor Contracts
- Advisor in Organizational and Management matters
- Workplace Health and safety, Accidents, Occupational disease and Absenteeism
- Grievance arbitration
- Human Rights
- Injunction, seizure and extraordinary recourse
- Civil and Professional Liability
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement conference, arbitration and mediation)
- Class action
Following her internship with the firm, Mélanie Charest joined our Labour Law team and mainly acts on behalf of public and parapublic organizations.
She is often called upon to interpret and apply relevant legislation and regulations in educational matters as well as occupational health and safety matters.
Over the past years, Mélanie has worked on several major lawsuits related to the education sector, and particularly a Supreme Court of Canada case relating to ethics and religious culture.
As such, she pleads before the Courts in cases dealing with labour standards, equity, occupational health and safety as well as human rights.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of the Ordre professionnel des inhalothérapeutes du Québec
- Member of the Alumnae Association of the Université Laval