Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Diploma of Collegial Studies in Legal Technology from Cégep Garneau (1999)
Bachelor of Law from Université Laval (2007)
Member of the Barreau du Québec (2008)
- Honour Roll at the Law
- Recipient of the Lieutenant Governor’s Award. This award is given each year by the Barreau du Québec to the most distinguished student for excellence in academic performance and professional, social and community involvement
- Areas of expertise
↓ See more
- Grievance arbitration
- Psychological harassment
- Negotiation of Collective Agreement
- Individual and Collective Labor Contracts
- Workplace Health and safety, Accidents, Occupational disease and Absenteeism
- Disciplinary Law
- Non-competition clauses and Restrictive covenants
- Injunction, seizure and extraordinary recourse
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement conference, arbitration and mediation)
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Strategic planning
- Contracts (negotiation, drafting, interpretation, etc.)
- Advisor in Organizational and Management matters
- Access to information and privacy protection
- Human Rights and Freedom
Émilie Gagné counts more than 15 years of experience in labour law. Having started her career as a Paralegal in this area, she now practises in this domain as an attorney exclusively advising and representing employers.
Her practice covers all facets of labour relations and strategic planning of human resources. In this capacity, she represents the employer before arbitration courts and other courts specific to labour law for litigious matters on the interpretation and application of collective agreements, labour laws, charter of rights and freedom as well as disciplinary and administrative measures.
Émilie has extensive experience in health and work safety since the majority of her professional activities include acting on behalf of employers in litigation matters dealing with prevention and indemnification of professional injuries and the financing of occupational health and safety plans.
Émilie is also involved in the management of problems relating to drug and alcohol use at the workplace. She was invited to speak at the National Conference held in Paris in June 2010 on the Canadian legal situation of “Illicit Drugs and Occupational Risks”.
She has spoken at many conferences on current world issues in the workplace, such as employment discrimination, the obligation of reasonable accommodation, psychological harassment, the imposition of disciplinary and administrative measures, the employer’s grievance, compensation for workplace injuries and the temporary assignment process.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation du Centre de réadaptation en dépendance de Québec and the Fondation Cervo