Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
Bachelor or law degree
Membre of the Barreau du Québec (2000)
- Areas of expertise
- Grievance arbitration
- Psychological harassment
- Individual and Collective Labor Contracts
- Workplace Health and safety, Accidents, Occupational disease and Absenteeism
- Human Rights and Freedom
- Advisor in Organizational and Management matters
- Non-competition clauses and Restrictive covenants
- Injunction, seizure and extraordinary recourse
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement conference, arbitration and mediation)
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Contracts (negotiation, drafting, interpretation, etc.)
- Negotiation of Collective Agreement
Jean-François Séguin carries out his mandates in both English and French.
As litigator, he represents clients before all Courts in Quebec. As part of his practice, he pleads before arbitration tribunals and Quebec’s Labour Relations Board, and more particularly before its divisions of labour relations, health and work safety as well as essential services.
As negotiator, Jean-François has actively participated in the last two rounds of negotiations in the education sector (teachers, professionals and support staff), acting as spokesperson for both the Management Negotiating Committee of the Cree School Board (CPNCSC) and of the English Language School Board (CPNCA). He has received training in negotiation techniques based on the renowned Negotiation Institute Program at Harvard University.
In recent years, Jean-François acted as legal and strategic advisor to senior management and human resources personnel to nine (9) English Language School Boards on behalf of the Quebec English School Boards Association (QESBA).