Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
Bachelor of Law from Université Laval, enriched with an International profile (2004)
Member of the Barreau du Québec (2005)
- Areas of expertise
↓ See more
- Individual and Collective Labor Contracts
- Negotiation of Collective Agreement
- Grievance arbitration
- Psychological harassment
- Construction Contract Claims (additional work, extras, site extension, unforeseen site conditions and impact costs)
- Urban planning and development
- Criminal Law, including Municipal Court
- Inter-municipal agreements, including Quebec Boards
- Municipal ethics and codes of conduct
- Expropriation and land reserves
- Municipal Taxes
- Municipal litigation
- Powers of Municipalities and Regional county municipalities (RCMs)
- Environmental Protection
- Municipal Laws and Procedures
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement conference, arbitration and mediation)
- Access to information and privacy protection
- Call for tenders and procurement
- Contracts (negotiation, drafting, interpretation, etc.)
- Advisor in Organizational and Management matters
- Real estate litigation
- Protection of the agricultural territory
Philippe Asselin practices in all areas relating to municipal law, and particularly those relating to urban planning, contracts, access to information, environment, expropriation and construction.
He is more specifically consulted on questions dealing with the daily concerns and preoccupations of directors and elected officials of the municipal world. Moreover, he is recognized by the Commission municipale du Québec as an advisor on ethics and municipal conduct.
In addition, Philippe addresses various subjects dealing with labour relations (disciplinary measures, dismissals, negotiations, grievances, reorganizations, etc.) and this, for the benefit of numerous public corporations, business people, senior executives and professionals.
Frequently led to defend the interest of his clients, he regularly pleads before different judicial and administrative proceedings.
Given both his enthusiasm and experience, Philippe is a trainer and speaker, much appreciated by his clients and various associates in the municipal world. Over the past several years, he has written columns and articles and continues to contribute to various specialized publications.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of the Association des procureurs de cours municipales du Québec