Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
Bachelor of law from Université Laval (2004)
Member of the Barreau du Québec (2005)
- Areas of expertise
↓ See more
- Call for tenders and procurement
- Commercial leases
- Construction Bond
- Legal hypothec of construction
- Real estate litigation
- Recovery and Enforcement of personal, real, movable, immoveable securities and other real rights
- Insurance and surety bonds
- Violations of the building regulations (BSDQ, CSST, CCQ, APCHQ, RBQ)
- Injunction, seizure and extraordinary recourse
- Commercial Litigation
- Shareholders’ dispute
- Litigation, Deficiencies and Defects
- Construction Contract Claims (additional work, extras, site extension, unforeseen site conditions and impact costs)
- Contractual and Non-contractual Liability
- Civil and Professional Liability
- Professional Liability of Engineers and Architects
- Latent Defects
| Kathy Bergeron is involved and regularly goes before the Courts in civil and commercial litigation matters, particularly in the areas of construction, shareholders’ disputes, civil and professional liability, security rights and insolvency. |
She acts as counsel for various business leaders and rental property owners and represents both private and public owners, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers in the construction field, whether at the time of tender, during the construction process or to prepare or contest claims on construction contracts. This expertise includes professional liability for errors in design, erroneous drafting of the plans and specifications, errors committed in the management or supervision of the work. With such a diverse experience, she has an overview of the industry’s dynamics.
Kathy often gets involved in matters involving the BSDQ, the CCQ, the APCHQ and the RBQ and acts in criminal matters involving infractions of different laws and regulations which are overseen by these organizations.
Over the years, Kathy has favoured, in appropriate cases, alternative dispute resolution methods by emphasizing mediation and settlement conferences. Kathy has also been awarded « the International Adviser Experts Awards Winner 2020».
Social and Professionnal activities
- As a volunteer, Kathy is involved in various non-profit organizations offering assistant to disadvantaged children;
- For many years, she prepares and presents different conferences related to the construction field.