Attorney, Consulting Partner
Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
College graduate in Civil Law from the University of Ottawa (1979)
College graduate in Common Law from the University of Ottawa (1980)
Member of the Barreau du Québec (1981)
Member of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréées du Québec as a Certified Industrial Relations Counsellor (1987)
- Areas of expertise
↓ See more
- Grievance arbitration
- Psychological harassment
- Negotiation of Collective Agreement
- Individual and Collective Labor Contracts
- Workplace Health and safety, Accidents, Occupational disease and Absenteeism
- Human Rights
- Disciplinary Law
- Criminal Law, including Municipal Court
- Non-competition clauses and Restrictive covenants
- Injunction, seizure and extraordinary recourse
- Shareholders’ dispute
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement conference, arbitration and mediation)
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Contracts (negotiation, drafting, interpretation, etc.)
- Advisor in Organizational and Management matters
- Access to information and privacy protection
- Human Rights and Freedom
From the beginning of his career, Serge Bouchard has focused his practice in the area of labour relations, in the private sector as well as municipalities and other public organizations. He pleads before most Administrative Courts in matters of labour relations, both at the federal and provincial levels.
Over several years, he has taught labour law and negotiation strategies to students completing their education at the Barreau du Québec. He has also taught labour law at the Université Laval.
Serge Bouchard has represented employers before the Supreme Court of Canada on issues relating to Article 45 of the Labour Code, the definition of « employer » as well as the qualification of the provincial or federal jurisdictions of labour relation matters of a company. Furthermore, he is familiar with methods of dispute resolution outside the realm of the civil courts, and represents parties in mediation, conciliation and private arbitration.
He represents numerous transportation carriers in the Passenger Transportation field before the judicial and administrative courts, in issues related to the transportation industry.
Further, he acts as a resource person, lecturer, panelist and trainer before several associations of employers at workshops on topics relating to group insurance and passenger transportation.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of the Board of Directors and President of Centraide Québec and Chaudière-Appalaches from 1996 to 2004; member of the Council of Elders of Centraide from 2004 to 2006.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the ASULF, a non-profit organization that protects the quality and usage of the French language, from 2006 to 2012.
- Volunteer Member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation Athos.
- Volunteer for organizations involved in genealogy and history; in so doing, participated in writing the history of families and a brief dealing with questions of the right to privacy and genealogy.