Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montreal (1979)
Master's degree in taxation, Université de Sherbrooke (1981)
Member of the Barreau du Québec (1980)
- Areas of expertise
↓ See more
- Incorporation, Business Start-ups and Corporate Restructuring
- Contracts (negotiation, drafting, interpretation, etc.)
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Business Start-ups
- Living trusts
- Estate planning
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Acquisition and sale of assets/shares
- Establishing business abroad
- Incorporation of Foreign companies
- Acquisition and sale of IT companies and innovative firms
- Taxation related to Intellectual property rights
- Intra-Company Transfers
Normand Royal began his career with the Tax Policy Group of the Department of Finance Canada in Ottawa and then moved to private practice in Montreal. His practice is mainly oriented towards the sale and purchase of businesses, tax reorganization and intergenerational transfer of businesses. He has a large clientele of small and medium-sized Canadian and European companies, assisting them in their establishment in Canada.
He has been a lecturer for the past 6 years at the Faculty of Law of the Université de Montréal, teaching the Tax Planning course to 3rd year students. He has given several conferences in Europe to business people on Canadian legislation and strategies for setting up in Canada. He has also been a speaker at several conferences of the Association de planification fiscale et financière.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of numerous boards of directors of European companies established in Canada.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Grand Prix Cyclistes Québec et Montréal.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Courons Montréal, organizer of the Montreal Marathon.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Heritage Islesmere Inc.