Morency has a long and rich tradition of excellence in municipal law, a field in which the firm has carved out an enviable reputation over the years, achieving the renown it enjoys today as one of Quebec’s largest firms specializing in this area.
Our municipal law department mainly represents public bodies, which currently number more than a hundred. We are fully versed in the legal and regulatory issues surrounding access to information, industrial or residential development, civil security, land use planning and environmental protection. As proof of Morency’s expertise and credibility, numerous organizations and associations seek our assistance to organize training for their members.
- Access to information and privacy protection
- Urban planning and development
- Call for tenders and procurement
- Contracts (negotiation, drafting, interpretation, etc.)
- Criminal Law, including Municipal Court
- Inter-municipal agreements, including Quebec Boards
- Municipal ethics and codes of conduct
- Real Estate assessment
- Expropriation and land reserves
- Municipal Taxes
- Municipal litigation
- Powers of Municipalities and Regional county municipalities (RCMs)
- Environmental Protection
- Municipal Laws and Procedures