Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Bachelor of Law from Université Laval
Masters Degree in Taxation from HEC Montréal
Member of the Barreau du Québec (1998)
- Areas of expertise
Member of the Board of Directors of the firm, Marc-Antoine Deschamps is also Managing Partner of our Montreal office. He practises in the areas of tax and commercial law since 1998. He acts for and assists numerous clients in tax and corporate planning with regard to the purchase and sale of companies, inter-generational transfers, the maximization of personal and corporate tax incentives as well as testamentary planning both in Canada and abroad.
Marc-Antoine Deschamps represents his clients before the tax authorities, particularly in cases of voluntary disclosure. He also acts for taxpayers before the Tax Court of Canada and the Cour du Québec in tax matters.
Many of his clients are small and mid-sized businesses, agencies and foreign companies doing business in Canada.
Marc-Antoine Deschamps has written and published numerous articles and has lectured at various conferences on commercial law and taxation, particularly at the Association de planification fiscale et financière, Carswell, the Federated Press and other professional organizations.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Member of the Association canadienne d’études fiscales
- Member of the Groupement des chefs d’entreprise
- Member of the Montreal Council of Foreign Relations
- Member of the Canada-France Chamber of Commerce and Sous-traitance industrielle Québec
- Tax instructor for the Quebec Order of Chartered Accountants
- Teacher in Business Law and Taxation at the École du Barreau du Québec