Quebec City office : 418 651-9900
F : 418 651-5184
Montreal office : 514 845-3533
F : 514 845-9522
Law Degree from the University of Ottawa (1990)
Member of the Barreau du Québec (1991)
- Areas of expertise
↓ See more
- Commercial leases
- Real estate litigation
- Insurance and surety bonds
- Construction Bond
- Violations of the building regulations (BSDQ, CSST, CCQ, APCHQ, RBQ)
- Legal hypothec of construction
- Litigation, Deficiencies and Defects
- Construction Contract Claims (additional work, extras, site extension, unforeseen site conditions and impact costs)
- Professional Liability of Engineers and Architects
- Latent Defects
- Shareholders’ dispute
- Call for tenders and procurement
- Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Member of the firm’s Board of Directors, Pierre-Yves Ménard is also responsible for the civil and commercial law team of our Quebec City office. From the outset of his career, his practice focused on construction law and calls for tenders.
He has defended the interests of our clients before both judicial and administrative courts. Furthermore, Pierre-Yves has successfully pleaded in important files in matters of calls for tenders. He acts for all parties of a construction site, from the owner to the general contractor and subcontractors, professionals and developers/promoters. This diversified experience gives him a complete perspective of the dynamics of this industry.
Several years ago, Pierre-Yves was actively involved as prosecutor for the construction management team at a Commission of inquiry on cost over-runs and site delays by the company Gaspésia Papers Inc. in Chandler.
He is a regular conference speaker on current topics regarding legal issues in construction.
Social and Professionnal activities
- Member of the Association des constructeurs de routes et de grands travaux du Québec(ACRGTQ)
- Member of the Association québécoise du transport et des routes (AQTR)